31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
June 26th, 2019, 7pm
Edgewood Fire Station
Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Chair Brian Gunn followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of Agenda: M/S/C to approve the agenda.
Code of Conduct: Respect of online presence was reviewed by the Chair.
Approval of Minutes: (Britt Kauffman)
- 5/22/19 General Meeting M/S/C to approve as submitted
Treasurer Report: (Rudy Adams)
- Rudy outlined the report & gave an update from the Finance Committee, urging increases for recurring donations to maintain forecasts. M/S/C to approve as submitted
- Vera Orlandic-Hodak, Auburn City Council, Pos. 7
- James Jayaraj, Auburn City Council, Pos. 7
- Fred Felleman, Port of Seattle, Pos. 5
- Barak Gale, “Climate Reality” Leader and Mentor
Officer & Committee Reports:
Chair: Went doorbelling with Pierce Co. Dems doing “Deep Listening” ahead of the coming elections. Very inspiring & productive! Urges PCO’s to begin outreach. Recent report from Speaker Frank Chopp outlined the benefits being reaped from the 2018 election, reviewing the many progressive bills passed in Olympia during the session
Fairs: Donna: Buckley Log Show this weekend. Some slots still available. Britt will deliver the supplies.
Communication: Tamara: Upcoming event with Kim Schrier on June 28 & 29 posted. Election Observer training available Friday, 10am @ Pierce Co. Elections. Reminded us of “Same Day Registration and that Pierce Co. Libraries are piloting a “point of access/assistance” pro
- Brian will be setting up a meeting for the Logo Design Committee. M/S/P to move $350 to the advertising budget line for logo development.
- M/S/P to suspend “3 week submission” rule to consider Fred Felleman.
- M/S/P to endorse Fred Felleman
- M/S/P to suspend consideration rule for James Jayaraj.
- M/S/P to endorse James Jayaraj.
- M/S/T to consider Vera Orlandic-Hodak endorsement to July meeting.
Good & Welfare:
- James Jayaraj thanked the body for his endorsement.
- Mark informed us that the movie “Ice on Fire” is available free at HBO.com and highly recommended it
- James Jayaraj won “Split the pot.”.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary