The Washington State Democratic Central Committee (WSDCC) held its Spring 2017 meeting on April 22nd in Walla Walla.
The WSDCC adopted its 2017/8 budget.
The WSDCC considered three amendments to its charter and bylaws:
- Charter amendment concerning the mission of the Democratic Party – defeated
- Bylaws amendment concerning the makeup of the Executive Board – defeated
- Bylaws amendment concerning the name of the Affirmative Action Committee – tabled until the next meeting of the WSDCC
The WSDCC passed the following resolutions:
- Resolution 811 – Resolution to Create an Environment and Climate Caucus of the Washington State Democratic Party
- Resolution 814 – Support for Credit Unions, Community Banking, and Members of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values
- Resolution 816 – Sponsor House Joint Resolution 48 and a Senate Companion Bill
- Resolution 817 – A Resolution on Single Payer Health Care
- Resolution 819 – I-5 Replacement Bridge Project
- Resolution 820 – Repair, Update, and Maintain Washington State Route 26
- Resolution 821 – Support for Full Funding of USDA’s Rural Business and Cooperative Service Through the 2018 Federal Fiscal Year
- Resolution 822 – Resolution Opposing the Kinder-Morgan Trans-Mountain Pipeline
- Resolution 823 – Oppose the Exemption of Crop Waste, Animal Waste, and Fertilizer from the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Resolution 824 – Resolution in Support of Bears Ear Monument and the Antiquities Act
These resolutions are available on the State Party website.
The State Committee members residing in the 1st Congressional District elected Teresa Taylor as their new representative to the Executive Board.