Call for Nominations: State Convention Committees
What is happening:
The 2018 Washington State Convention will be held in Wenatchee on June 16, 2018. The purpose of the State Convention is to craft the State Party Platform and introduce resolutions. In a very real and concrete way, the State Convention will shape the direction of Washington Democrats for the next two years running up to the next Presidential election, laying the groundwork for helping local organizations grow strength and capacity to fight and win every race in every place!
The voting members at the State Convention will be delegates who are elected to serve this function at the Legislative District Caucuses and County Conventions (held in March). Delegates will be elected from each Legislative District and County.
Each Legislative District will also elect members – at our general meeting on Wednesday, January 24 at 7 PM – to serve on the following committees for the State Convention:
Credentials Committee Members
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, inclusivity, and transparency
- Flexibility and the judgement/experience to create digital and physical systems that work for local parties with diverse needs and memberships
- Ability to work under pressure and tight time constraints
- Possess prior credentials committee experience, at the local or state level
- Possess a working knowledge of credentialing process
- Working knowledge of DSAAP Rules
- Ability to attend a State Convention Credentials Committee meeting prior to the June Convention. Dates and locations to be determined.
- Must be available to attend the State Democratic Convention on June 16-17, 2018 in Wenatchee
Platform Committee Members
- Working knowledge of the existing party platform
- Working knowledge of the current resolutions process
- Experience drafting successfully passed clear and concise resolutions at the local or state level
- Possess prior platform committee experience, at the local or state level
- Ability to attend ideally all, if not the majority, of the State Platform Committee meetings, and the State Convention on June 16-17, 2018 in Wenatchee
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 – 10:00 AM – Seattle, WA
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 – 10:00 AM – Ellensburg, WA
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 – 10:00 AM – Ellensburg, WA
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 – 10:00 AM – Tacoma, WA
Rules Committee Members
- Demonstrated parliamentary experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of State Charter, By-Laws and DSAAP Rules
- Prior rules committee experience, at local or state level
- Working knowledge of credentialing process
- Ability to attend State Rules Committee meetings prior to the Convention and attend the State Democratic Convention on June 16-17, 2018 in Wenatchee.
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 – 10:00 AM – Seattle, WA (Concurrent with Platform Committee Meeting)
- Additional meeting needs prior to Convention to be determined based on committee need and availability.
While the State Convention delegates and alternates will be elected at our March 24th Legislative District Caucus, we will be electing members to the three committees at our next meeting on January 24.