31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
January 22nd, 2020, 8pm (Delayed due to Pizza / Committee Meeting)
Edgewood Fire Station
Approval of Agenda:
- M/S/P to approve agenda with amendments to add guest speakers.
- M/S/P to accept treasurer’s report.
- Chris Porter, candidate for King Conservation District Supervisor #2
- David Keenan, candidate for King County Superior Court, Position #26 (Incumbent)
- Matthew Thomas, candidate for Pierce County Superior Court, Position #7
- M/S/P to endorse Chris Porter for King Conservation District Supervisor #2.
- M/S to suspend the rules for the month-long wait for Judge Keenan because he’s a known incumbent (requires 2/3 majority of voting members)
- Discussion took place including on reading of questionnaire (the point of the bylaws)
- Passed 12-4
- M/S/P to endorse Judge David Keenan
Filling E-Board Vacancies:
- No nominations for Secretary
- Tamara Stramel and Robin Macnofsky nominated for Voter Registration Chair, as co-chairs, contingent upon her approval
Other New Business:
- Review of new voter registration laws
- Pierce County Organizing Academy Event on Sunday, Jan 26
- Rent of DoubleTree in Auburn for Election Night Party
Good of the Order:
- Next month our monthly meeting will start off with a Fireside Chat with Hilary Franz, our Commissioner of Public Lands
- Brian will be reading questions, contact him if you want to submit any
- PCOs have been sent a spreadsheet with information about people of their precincts
- Interview from 7-8 and then business meeting 8-9
- If you’re looking for people to invite, invite those from your precinct!
- Environmental Lobby Day 1 week from tomorrow (Thursday) on Jan 30
- Edgewood Fire Station will be torn down and rebuilt. When do we need to find a new venue?
- We should be good through March.
- Food Drive for Nourish Pierce County, Pierce County-wide collective of many different food banks