Meeting was called to order at 11:00am by Temp. Chair, Nathanial Block, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Pierce Co. Democrats Chair, Kathy Orlando, was introduced.
Temporary appointments were made by the Chair:
- Secretary: Britt Kauffman
- Parliamentarian: John Westland
- Sergeant-at-Arms: George McKay
- Tally Comm. Chair: George McKay
Credentials Report: Sarah reported 17 P.C.O.s were present and eligible to vote.
M/S/C: Agenda be approved, as amended.
M/S/C: Meeting Rules be adopted, amended.
Nominations were opened for District Chair: Brian Gunn was nominated.
M/S/C: Brian Gunn be elected by acclamation.
Adoption of District Organizing Bylaws: Allison Pincas, Bylaws Comm. Chair, reported on proposed changes, as posted on our website. M/S/C to adopt Bylaws, as amended.
Election of Statutory Officers & 2nd Vice Chair:
1st Vice Chair (Pierce): Allison Pincas; M/S/C elected by acclamation.
2nd Vice Chair (King): Sarah Edwards; M/S/C elected by acclamation.
State Committee (2): Diane Fleming; M/S/C elected by acclamation.
Mark Boswell; M/S/C elected by acclamation.
Pierce Co. Democratic Central Committee (3):
Stephanie Hagen (PCO); M/S/C elected by acclamation
John Westland; M/S/C elected by acclamation
Linda Ritenberg (PCO); M/S/C elected by acclamation
King Co. Democratic Central Committee (2) & Alternates (2):
Mark Dunning & Marina Hiles elected.
Alternates: George McKay & Tamara Stramel
Non-PCO Credential Report: 28 members present/15 required for majority.
Election of Non-Statutory Officers:
Secretary: Britt Kauffman, M/S/C elected by acclamation.
Treasurer: Rudy Adams; M/S/C elected by acclamation.
Updated Credential Report: 30 members present/16 required for majority.
Election of Committee Chairs: (All M/S/C to elect by acclamation)
Membership: Sarah Edwards
Communications: Tamara Stramel
Outreach/PR: Donna DeProspo
PCO Coordinator: Jan Furey
Fundraising/Events: Ingrid Curtis
Voter Registration: Diane Ritenberg
Website/Tech: Dan Pincas
Old Business: None
- Kathy Lorimer was appointed backup Treasurer by Chair.
- PCO Application for Vickie Bates, #31-817. M/S/C to approve.
- M/S/C to approve NTE $75 for pizza at January 23rd Welcome Meeting
Good of the Order:
- Britt recognized & thanked Dan for his service as Scribe today & filling in as temp Secretary over the past term.
- Kirby is selling ticket to the Pierce Co. Dem Crab feed fundraiser, 4 pm, 2/24 at McGavick Hall. $65pp/$85 @ door.
- Kirby urged membership in local Democratic Associations.
- Kathy Orlando: PCO Development Workshop, 2/2 & PCO Development Committee mtg. 2/3.
- Nathan: King Co Bylaw Revision mtg 2/9
- Robin recognized Kirby for his dedicated service throughout the last term.
- Robin says the 8th C.D. is looking for hardship stories due to government shutdown: Shrier@house.gov
- Monica: Looking for sources of aid for affected furloughed employees.
Adjourned @ 2:10pm
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary
Pingback: Meeting Agenda – February 27, 2019 – 31st Legislative District Democrats