31st L.D. Democrats Executive Board
June 6th, 2018, 7 pm
Algona/Pacific Library, Pacific
- Called to Order at 7:00pm by Chair Brian Gunn. A quorum of 13 board members was present.
- Discussed ideas for program speaker at June meeting. Robin will see if she can get a speaker to talk on local human trafficking.
- Discussed concerns around certain local race endorsements.
- Discussed I-1639, “Safe Schools/Safe Communities.” Recommended that a resolution be brought before the general meeting for consideration.
- Robin said that the Lake Tapps Resistance wants to co-opt with us for a wine & potluck dinner event on June 25th at the Buckley Grange. The event will showcase local L.D. 31 candidates and have a forum on healthcare and jobs.
- M/S/C to provide burgers & brats for the event, NTE $150. George will procure.
- M/S/C $100 to promote the event via social media. Dan and Alli will make arrangements.
- PCO Development training on June 7th at Auburn Library. Reviewed status and terms of appointed PCO’s.
- Dan advised that if any e-board members wanted an email domain for L.D. business, they are available. An email list serve of E-Board members will be established.
- Kirby invited all PCO’s & Pierce County Dem members to the Candidate Endorsement forum on 6/11 at the IBEW Hall.
- Kirby also told us of a “Civil Conversations on Climate Change” forum on 6/21, from 6-8pm, site: TBA.
- Sarah is finalizing a PCO checklist for use.
M/S/C to adjourn at 8:12pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary