31st L.D. Democrats Executive Board
March 1st, 2017, 7 pm
Bonney Lake Library
Call to Order at 7:03pm by Chair Brian Gunn.
Roll was called and there was a quorum of 9 members present. Rudy, Angel and Chris were excused.
Candidate Recruitment: Brian
- One local candidate was being vetted. Local business owner and current office holder. Wishes to remain anonymous for now.
- Still looking for other potential candidates for House & other offices.
- Filing deadline is May 19th.
- Need to focus on member building & renewals in newsletter.
- Discussed different approaches & time lines to build urgency.
- Need more affordable printing options.
- Research Facebook, Linked-In ad costs & effectiveness.
- Recent #1500 mailing resulted in net loss of revenue.
Action Item: Research multi-tier: Email – Postcard – mail strategy to get outreach to older & younger audience.
Program for General Meeting:
- Angel is working on securing a speaker, TBA
- Looking for an advocate for pending initiatives.
- Judge David Mann has requested an opportunity.
Good of the Order:
Allison: Looking at different email servers to handle anticipated growth. Hope to have proposal at General meeting.
- Stokesbury Town Hall on 3/11 at Edgewood, Bonney Lake and Enumclaw
- Education Funding Town Hall on 3/20, Auburn Performing Arts Ctr, 5:30pm
Would like to discuss how to best coop various action groups. Propose to form committee at general meeting: 3/22 at Edgewood Fire Station.
M/S/C to adjourn at 8:33pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary