31st L.D. Democrats Executive Board
November 7th, 2018, 7 PM
Bonney Lake Library
Called to Order at 7:00pm by Chair Brian Gunn. A quorum of 11 board members were present.
General Election Results:
Reviewed & discussed election results. Still more votes to be counted and many races remain undecided. Looked at county by county breakdown in the 8th C.D. & discussed strengths & weaknesses of GOTV strategies. Identified ideas to improve data & Votebuilder. Discussed value of supportive endorsements vs opposing endorsements on issues.
Upcoming General Meeting Programs:
Invite Kim Schrier for election debrief; Robin will seek a speaker on Human Trafficking; Assessor Dave Morrell to discuss affordable housing; Mary Robnett & Pierce Co. Auditor Julie Anderson were also identified for future meetings.
Kathy Lorimer submitted on behalf of Rudy & explained breakdown & PDC reporting requirements.
- Set for Saturday, January 12th, Edgewood Fire Station, Begin at 11am.
- King Co. Dem’s will supply a temp Chair until new one is elected.
- Simple majority vote. Sarah will get current PCO & member list.
- Topics for Bylaws & Standing Rules were identified, including Gender Parity, voting in adstentia, Code of Conduct, Vice-Chair appointment, Standing Finance Committee, Non-candidate endorsements.
- Set Rules & Bylaw meeting before Reorg. Meeting.
- Will report at November meeting for posting on website.
Good of the Order:
- Pierce County Reorg is set for Noon on December 9th at IBEW Hall.
- Robin: “No One is Above The Law” Rally tomorrow @ Bonney Lake, Hwy 410 & Main.
M/S/C to adjourn at 8:50pm.