The 31st District Democrats conducted a short business meeting after our pizza and phonebanking event on October 24th.
- Motion to suspend the rules to endorse Maria Cantwell for senate: M/S/P
- Motion to endorse Maria Cantwell for senate: M/S/P
- Motion to suspend the rules to endorse Denny Heck for congress: M/S/P
- Motion to endorse Denny Heck for congress: M/S/P
- Motion to empower the executive board to vote by email to decide after consultation with the PDC to pay for translation services for the 31st District Democrats 2018 pamphlet: M/S/P
- Post card update: Successfully mailed 1,100 postcards and there’s another 100 still being completed and mailed, and came in under budget approved in the September 26th general meeting.
- Reminder that November meeting will be on November 28th
- December general meeting will not be held
- December party will be on December 14th!
- Election night party? To be determined.
- Chair: We should keep in mind that this organization should be open and welcome to all. Reorganization meeting coming up in 2019. Recommend the executive board think about this for the new year, and look into making a commitment in that regard. Also encourage members to invite members of the community to attend the 2019 Reorganization!
- Suggestion to PCOs to consider inviting your local candidate to doorbell with you in your precinct.
- Motion to adjourn: M/S/P
Dan Pincas, Backup Secretary