31st L.D. Democrats Executive Board
September 5th, 2018, 7 pm
Bonney Lake Library
Called to Order at 7:00pm by Chair Brian Gunn. A quorum of 11 board members were present.
Program for September General Meeting:
- Request campaign updates from endorsed candidates.
- Kirby will reach out to local Young Democrats to speak.
- Will request Hillary Franz, Wash. Land Commissioner to speak.
- Kali, with the Schrier campaign contacted Brian with concerns regarding our candidate questionnaire and requested that it be altered. M/S/C to leave the questionnaire as it was.
- The IAM have committed to $1000 donation. Receipt is pending.
- Request for donation also pending with the Laborers union.
- Look in to availability of Edgewood Fire Station.
- M/S/C to hold on best available dates: 1st: Jan. 12th, 11-1; 2nd: Sat. Jan. 5th from 11am-2pm; 3rd: Sun. Jan. 13th, 1-3. Kirby will reserve location and report back.
- Consensus was to have Pizza Party in lieu of January business meeting on Jan. 23rd.
- Board members volunteered their interest in continuing their roles or pursuing new ones.
Pierce Co. Democrats:
- Kirby explained that there was an effort being made to rescind the endorsements for Denny Heck & Mark Lindquist. The motion was to be considered by the E-Board before being brought to the body for a vote. The meeting is September 13th and he urged attendance for this debate.
- Ingrid cannot attend the State Committee in Spokane on 9/14. If interested in being a proxy, see Kirby.
- Election night event was discussed. Possible ideas included the Spark Bar, Peppertree or coordinating with other Democrats.
- Alli is interested in forming a Bylaws Committee. After discussing the timeframes surrounding the January Reorg, consensus was to request volunteer members at the next General Meeting, with the goal to prepare recommendations at or after the reorg.
- George reported that Nick Pennington contacted him trying to recruit 2 “Neighborhood Team Leads” in the 31st to help train Canvass Hosts in preparation for the General Election. Sarah expressed interest and we will put on agenda for the Sept. 26th
Good of the Order:
- Kirby said the Piercr Co. Dem’s have scheduled a fundraiser for Oct. 20th, 6:30-9pm at P.L.U. $50 ea/$500 table.
M/S/C to adjourn at 8:45pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary