31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
September 25th, 2019, 7pm
Edgewood Fire Station
Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Chair Brian Gunn followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of Agenda: M/S/C to approve the agenda.
Code of Conduct: Reviewed the independent charter of the L.D. and need for independent adoption of a CoC.
Approval of Minutes: (Britt Kauffman)
- 7/24/19 General Meeting M/S/C to approve as submitted
Treasurer Report: (Rudy Adams)
- Chris Stearns, Candidate, Auburn City Council, Pos. 1 (N.P)
- Evan Koepfer, Wa State Dem’s Regional Organizer: Regional Democratic Training, Sat. 10/19, 9am-430pm; Machinists Hall in Seattle
- James Jeyaraj, Candidate, Auburn City Council, Pos. 3: Campaign update
- Kristin Ang, Candidate, Port of Tacoma, Pos. 5
- Victoria Mena, Topic: Impacts of Immigration Policy, Passage of the “Keep Washington Working Act” and creation of the WA. Immigrant Solidarity Network.
Officer & Committee Reports:
Chair: Review of coordinated efforts with regional L.D’s; Pierce County-wide canvassing event in planning stage; PCO assistance & Votebuilder training available for canvassing; State party meeting this weekend in Yakima.
Events/Fundraising: Ingrid said the fundraising Silent Auction & presentation of “The Climate of Change,” by Barak Gale is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 12th at the Marion Grange, 2pm-4pm. Donations should have an estimated min. value of $40. Contact Ingrid to submit or drop at Grange Thurs or Fri, from 10-Noon.
Members: Please rejoin if you have lapsed.
Communications: Tamara said the newsletter went out Monday and encouraged members to review it.
PCO Recruitment: Jan said they had 4 hearty souls participate in the 9/17 canvassing event.
Old Business: None.
- Marina Hiles has asked to be considered for PCO of AUB 31-0063. M/S/P to consider without application review. M/S/P to approve appointment.
- E-Board Vacancy Elections:
WDCC (1): Allison Pincas, M/S/P by acclamation.
PCDCC (2): Tamara Stramel (F) and Robin MacNofsky (N/B), M/S/P by acclamation.
- Candidate Endorsements: M/S/P to endorse Chris Stearns.
- Candidate Support: M/S/Table to donate $500 to James Jeyaraj campaign. M/S/P to amend budget by adding $500 to candidate support line item; M/S/P to donate $500 to Jeyaraj campaign.
Good & Welfare:
- Kirby: Officer elections for Marion Grange are on Oct. 12th. Any member is eligible to run. Please consider supporting this resource.
- Michael with Kim Schrier campaign gave a staffing update and promoted a fundraiser in Seattl enxt week.
- Kristin Ang said that she was hosting canvassing events: 10/6 in Puyallup, 10/14 in Orting and a Rally on 10/16.
- Brian said he received an email from Tina Podlodowsky with an impeachment update. All Washington State House members currently support!
M/S/C to adjourn at 9:10pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary