31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
July 26th, 2017, 7pm
Edgewood Fire Station
Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Chair Brian Gunn followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. M/S/C to approve agenda, as amended.
Approval of Minutes: (Britt Kauffman)
- 6/28/17 General Meeting – M/S/C to approve as submitted
- 7/5/17 Executive Board Meeting – M/S/C to approve as submitted
Treasurer Report: (Rudy Adams)
M/S/C to approve June Treasurer Report as submitted
Special Order of Business: (Brian Gunn)
Each candidate was given 5 minutes to speak & take questions. Candidates were then excused.
Results of endorsement votes were as follows:
- Tola Marts, Candidate 8th C.D. Representative
- Kali Lasher-Sommers & Sarah Edwards, “Summer of Canvass”
- Jan Molinaro, Candidate, Enumclaw Mayor
- Sen. Karen Keiser, 33rd L.D.
- Michelle Rylands, Candidate, State Senate, 31st L.D.: Campaign update
- Kim Abbey & Kirby Pollard; “Healthcare For All” campaign
- Nate Lowry, Candidate, Representative, 31st L.D.: Campaign update.
- PCO Coordinator: Marina Hiles – M/S/C
- Website Chair: Dan Pincas – M/S/C
CANVASS! CANVASS! CANVASS! Primary results drive the viability in the General election. No August General meeting in lieu of Aug 14th Potluck (See new business).
- Marie: Be aware of PDC rules and open to scrutiny.
- Sarah: Pierce County Dems are looking for financial support & members.
Kirby: They are choosing a new Chair and Treasurer tonight. They are solvent and books are in order. Working to coordinate web presence. Urges support for full line of Dem organizations.
Donna: Been having good engagement at local events. Need more volunteers to staff booth at Bonney Lake (Aug. 12th) and Auburn Days (Aug. 19th). See website to sign up. State Dems also need volunteers for Western Washington Fair in September.
Education & Registration event on July 27th at Pierce Co. Library.
Sarah: We now have 101 members signed!
Allison: Reminded to open newsletter to keep it active. Send her any stories or experiences to share.
Dan: Always welcomes topical information and relevant links to post.
“Back in Session” Summer Social/Potluck Monday, August 14, 6-9pm at Marion Grange Hall, 27725 Sumner Buckley Hwy, Buckley
Canvassing opportunities available at http://www.michellerylands.com/ for GOTV.
Good & Welfare
Primary Election Return Party will be held at new Democrat office in Auburn on Aug. 1
M/S/C to adjourn at 9:15pm
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary