31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
June 27th, 2018, 7pm
Edgewood Fire Station
Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Chair Brian Gunn followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. M/S/P to approve the agenda.
Treasurer Report: (Rudy Adams)
- M/S/C to approve as outlined.
Approval of Minutes: (Britt Kauffman)
- 5/23/18 General Meeting – M/S/C to approve as submitted
- 6/6/18 Executive Board Meeting – M/S/C to approve as submitted
Officer & Committee Reports:
- Chair: Candidate forum on 6/25 was good experience for our slate of candidates. Encouraged the body to reach out to them to get knowledgeable on issues and policy.
- Outreach Committee: Donna said we had a lot of good contacts at Buckley Log Days; Need better position information to distribute & increase voter registration./li>
- Member Committee: We currently have 61 members. If you haven’t renewed, please do!
- King Co. State Committee: New King Co. Chair elected is Natalie Reber. Active rebuilding occurring. Endorsed Victoria Mena for State Rep. Did not endorse King Co Prosecutor race.
- Pierce Co. Dems: Endorsed Victoria Mena & Immaculate Ferreria. M/S/P that the Chair write a letter of concern of the veracity of their endorsement and credential process and caution against harassment of participants in their meetings.
- State Convention: Alli, Ingrid and Donna reported that there was trouble with scheduling of caucuses, long days and costs expected from participants. Progressive platform was passed and is available on their website.
Pierce Co. Prosecutor:
King Co. Prosecutor:
Pierce Co. Council:
- Diane Kerlin announced her retirement as PCO for 31-805 after 30 years! M/S/P to approve Britt Kauffman’s application as PCO for 31-805.
- M/S/P to donate $2000 to the Mena and Ferreria campaigns. M/S/P to allow E-Board to dispurse $2000 to Boswell campaign when appropriate.
Good & Welfare:
- League of Women Voters having a forum for 31st candidates on 7/16 @ Sumner Library, 6:30pm and 7/12 forum for County Council.
- 25th LD soliciting joint participation to network for Lorra Jackson.
- New local democratic organizer, Nick Pennington, was introduced.
M/S/C to adjourn at 9:37pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary