31st L.D. Democrats General Meeting
May 24th, 2017, 7pm
Edgewood Fire Station
Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Chair Brian Gunn and led Pledge of Allegiance. M/S/C to approve agenda.
Approval of Minutes (Britt Kauffman)
- 4/26/17 General Meeting M/S/C to approve as submitted
- 5/3/17 Executive Board Meeting M/S/C to approve as submitted
Special Order of Business (Brian Gunn)
Each candidate was given 5 minutes to speak & take questions. Candidates were then excused.
Results of endorsement votes were as follows:
- Endorsed: Michelle Rylands, State Senate, 31st L.D.
- Endorsed: Nate Lowry, State Representative, 31st L.D.
- Endorsed: John Urquhart, King Co. Sheriff
- Endorsed: Mitzi Johanknecht, King Co. Sheriff
- Not Eligible: John Creigton, Port of Seattle #1
- Not Eligible: Ryan Calkins, Port of Seattle #1
- Not Eligible: Ahmed Abdi, Port of Seattle #3
- Not Eligible: John Persak, Port of Seattle #4
- Endorsed: Brooks Salazar, Port of Seattle #4
- Not Eligible: Eric Holdeman, Port of Tacoma #1
- Postponed: Nancy Backus, Auburn Mayor
- Endorsed: Larry Brown, Auburn City Council
- Endorsed: “Decline To Sign I-1552”, Lynn Goralski
- Endorsed: King Co. Prop. 1, Emily Dennis
2017 Budget & Treasurer Report: (Rudy Adams)
M/S/C to approve 2017 Budget as amended for office space. (See new business)
M/S/C to approve March Treasurer Report as submitted.
Chair requested reports be postponed due to time constraints.
Bailey Stober, King Co. Democrat Chair, reported on the availability to share new office space in Auburn with King Co Democrats. M/S/C to amend 2017 budget allotment of $700 for office space. M/S/C to approve $100 per month rental fee for office space.
Bailey also gave an update on the status of the current landscape. State party is turning resources to the 45th and 31st districts to push for success. F/T Organizer is being hired to drive voter ID and turnout.
Members are urged to support and join King Co. Democrats. Salmon Bake being held June XX.
Brian announced that the 31st King Co. Committee Vice Chair has resigned. Three vacancies currently exist: 1 Male Vice Chair and 2 Alternates.
Requesting volunteers to begin doorbelling to ID voters on 5/27. See Brian if interested.
Good of the Order
Linda: June is Men’s Health Month and Alzheimer’s Awareness Month. Please go to alz.org to support.
Allison: Pierce Co. Democrats Night at Tacoma Rainiers, Friday, 5/26. Go to website for tickets.
Donna: Need signups to staff booths at upcoming events. Go to our website to sign up.
M/S/C to adjourn at 9:10pm.
Submitted: Britt Kauffman, Secretary